Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm one of those annoying people who thinks Obama is the Messiah

Recently I have been plagued with an extreme case of voter mania. I spend my days at work scouring the internet for articles on the polls and on the race, study the map of polls for ages and panick when I read articles about voter fraud and people's doubts about whether Barack Obama will actually become president. I'll admit it, I get a little teary eyed with joy when I read the Economist who "wholeheartedly endorses Obama for president" and other such articles. In my spare time at work I've also created an OBAMA!!!! folder where I've downloaded the transcripts of all his speeches.

Then there is also the constant fear that for some reason I'm not going to be able to vote. I've gone on the check your voter status page about a dozen times to make sure they changed my address properly. But what if they bomb the voter building? I know horrid thought, I am insane. I don't know who "they" is but you know...
Also, recently lost my license...what if you need a valid driver's license to vote? Can I bring two expired licenses and a passport? This is all silly really, because Califronia is going to vote Obama with our without vote.
Recent accounts of voters in Ohio believing the scam that democrats vote on the 5th has prompted me to sign up for a phonebank party tomorrow. And yet, after all this mania, I'll probably miss the actual election results as I have no TV or internet. I'll be the bleary eyed person on Wednesday morning who asks, "so who is the new president?"

1 comment:

writer said...

hahaha. You know he made it right? Even I the anti-politician was pretty damn excited about that one...

About Me

My photo
"This most of all: ask yourself in the most silent hour of your night: must I write? ... And if this answer rings out in assent, if you meet this solemn question with a strong, simple "I must," then build your life in accordance with this necessity;... Then come close to Nature." -Ranier Maria Rilke in Letters to a Young Poet