
I would keep you in my heart
Just to make the bay a brighter blue
Though you’ve never been here to see it in summer
You make it novel
simply because when I see it
I want to see it for you
I would let you keep my heart
Just so I can appreciate the church by the bridge
Though those steeples will never be your school
And the bridge isn't red in texts
And you’ve never seen it on a clear day
You make me giddy about this beauty
At the possibilities
I would wait months to see you
Just to make these parties fun
Though you’ll never know my friends
Or drink with them and eat a meal in the park
With the light growing deep and dark
Over the Painted Ladies
You make it matter
Because my life is full and
fuller with you in the back of my mind
I would break down all the walls
-In fact I did
Just to talk to you
At the end of the day
To make the morning light
Yellow and bright
Because you’ve never been close
And you never will be
But that’s just physicality
It still sort of feels like you became
My best friend

No comments:
Post a Comment