Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary San Francisco





One year ago today I pulled into my new yellow house by Golden Gate Park, with the snows and mud of oregon still stuck to my tires, with the driver's side door crushed by a Seattle bus. With hopes of becoming a writer; hopes of finding a place that felt like home; that fit as well as college did. Hoping for that sigh of relief I felt when I first arrived in Tacoma, "aahhh this is where I belong." I arrived hoping my relationship would strengthen and heal by bridging the gap of distance. I didn't get all that.

It felt like a tropical vacation one year ago today. The red flowers on the aloe bushes were in full bloom; the cherry trees were already emitting spring fragrance. It's beautiful again today. My hopes are the same today. Become a writer, make this feel like home, have good relationships- with new friends and friends I have yet to meet. I'll probably have a warm chocolate chip cookie tonight in my favorite haunt-Border's Book Store's Seattle's Best Cafe (what a mouthful) to celebrate.

Happy Anniversary San Francisco. We make an okay team. And P.S. I love you.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Well put Linds!

writer said...

Congratulations. I have to catch up on some posts, the last two have been fantastic! See you soon....

Victoria Pane said...

So cute. You two seem like a really nice couple. Have you set a date yet?

Lindsay said...

Thanks for all the comments! :) I realized that while I can't view or post to my blog from my work computer, I can from my home computer. Now that I have a bit of internet at home I'll be posting more again...

About Me

My photo
"This most of all: ask yourself in the most silent hour of your night: must I write? ... And if this answer rings out in assent, if you meet this solemn question with a strong, simple "I must," then build your life in accordance with this necessity;... Then come close to Nature." -Ranier Maria Rilke in Letters to a Young Poet