Sunday, January 11, 2009

Antics

Today was absolutely glorious and made me fall madly in love with San Francisco. I found a tiny little grocery store right near my house as well as a quiant and romantic restaurant and other little neighborhood treats that I didn't know about. The restaurant I discovered while eating dinner at it with Sheldon. The grocery store as I bumbled around outside in the morning hungry as a bear-too hungry in fact to make myself presentable before bumbling around. I was so hungry I bought 50 dollars of groceries right then and there and took off my heels to walk barefoot and messy-haired down the street with my glorious makeup all smudged under my eyes. What a beauty I was. As I walked from the grocery store I could see the Transamerica building glittering in the sunlight and knew it would be a beautiful day. So I went to Washington Square Park, checking out all the happy couple's food as they sat at the tiny round tables in little Italy. Sipping the best mocha Little Italy had to offer, I spread out in the grass for some people watching. Saint Peter and Paul Church was glittering white in the sun, oh so lovely with it's tall spires and the bright blue sun peaking out from behind it. Everyone was in shorts and tank tops, playing with footballs and soccer balls. A dopey yellow lab puppy was bumbling and prancing around, loving his furry little life. It felt like spring. I went to a different park later where there was an art show. I talked to an oil painting artist for a while about his technique. The day before I ran through North Beach to Fisherman's Warf and then up to the marina where I had a clear view of the Golden Gate Bridge and the chiseled hills of the North Bay behind it.
Last night I went out with "S" (I don't know to bloggers protect people's identity and not use their name?) who interned with me at my dad's firm two summers ago. He's insane in a good way, such a goofy sweet party boy. After going to dinner and then telling perverted jokes with his housemates and playing high school style drinking games (why god was I not born a boy?) we went out dancing in the Marina. The place was probably the fanciest place I've been in San Francisco, it was certainly a club scene more like Europe than what I've seen. I am pretty sure we went somewhere fun before that but I sort of forget. I was falling asleep in the cab so I was given about four red bull vodkas that tasted like candy and went down like candy too. My legs were so sore I needed a dance break. When I came out of the club there were those metal bars that direct you where to go. Apparently I didn't see the opening because I decided to hurtle over the bars. I didn't realize I was low on bodily control and sort of just rolled/fell over it like a sac of potatoes with my stupid high heels in the air. There were a bunch of people watching that had a hearty laugh about it. I slumped merrily into the alleyway for a breather and S and I talked for a long time before he asked me if he could kiss me. I was in no capacity to say no and was also positively inclined to say yes. Who kisses in the alley? Sketch balls that's who. Ohhh being single in the city.

2 comments:

writer said...

Bumbled around hungry as a bear? Oh I can see it now...I love you lil legs!

Victoria Pane said...

Oh hello Ms. Cugno, so nice to see you here. Anywho, sounds like the walk of shame to me! Love it. I guess you picked up a few things after living across from Alpha Phi for a year! Muahah.

About Me

My photo
"This most of all: ask yourself in the most silent hour of your night: must I write? ... And if this answer rings out in assent, if you meet this solemn question with a strong, simple "I must," then build your life in accordance with this necessity;... Then come close to Nature." -Ranier Maria Rilke in Letters to a Young Poet